- 12-Feb-2013 to 15-Jun-2013 (PST)
- Property Administration
- OR, USA
- 14-17 DOE
- Full Time Only
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
JOB Title: Manager – Affordable Housing Reports to: Portfolio Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
Purpose of Job: To efficiently operate all aspects of the property to ensure that revenues are maximized, expenses are minimized and curb appeal is optimized.
Essential Job Functions:
-Maintain resident occupancy of 95%
-Advertise & promote the property
-Ensure the timely collection of rents and other ancillary revenue and timely bank deposits
-Make recommendations to portfolio manager on rental rates and concessions
-Interact with prospective and current tenants using a professional and courteous approach.
-Reduce tenant turnover by identifying tenant relations issues, mediating between parties and recommending solutions.
-Attend training seminars on a regular basis
-Develop and supervise leasing and other administrative staff, including recruiting, coaching, training, disciplining and terminating if necessary.
-Comply with all Fair Housing and Equal Housing Opportunity requirements.
-Comply with appropriate state landlord/tenant statutes.
• Meet operating budget projections
• Carefully analyze and control all property expenses to ensure reasonable cost/benefit ratio
• Accurately code and post invoices and submit to accounting on a weekly basis.
• Respond to emergencies
OPTIMIZE CURB APPEAL
• Develop and supervise maintenance and grounds staff
• Ensure that property is free of safety concerns
• Other duties as assigned by Portfolio Manager
Non-Essential Job Functions:
-Occasionally climb ladders
-May need to climb stairs to inspect 2nd story units
-Ability to carry or move objects weighing up to 20 pounds
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
-Ability to work with and manage a team
-Ability to resolve conflicts
-Ability to engage in cost/benefit analytical decision-making
-Ability to multi-task
-Demonstrates customer service skills
-Demonstrates a desire for continuous professional development
-Takes initiative to anticipate problems and takes action to prevent them
-Demonstrates ethical behavior and integrity at all times
High School Diploma or equivalent
-Approximately 80% in office environment using computer and phone
-Approximately 20% inspecting property grounds, including apartments, building structure, landscaping, signage which may require the ability to climb stairs and maneuver narrow walkways.
AFFORDABLE HOUSING RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to any requirements set forth in the property's Regulatory Agreement, the Manager shall do the following.
1. Follow all requirements for qualifying, certifying and recertifying prospective and existing tenants.
2. Notify all tenants ninety days (90) days in advance of their annual recertification due date. Complete all owner required paperwork and transmit for owner review and approval. Owner approval must be received on or before annual recertification due date. Notify all tenants who, for any reason, have not complied with all annual recertification requirements within thirty (30) days of annual recertification due date of eviction for non-compliance with the affordable housing program as outlined in the Regulatory Agreement and other documents governing the property.
3. Assist with the completion of Owner required reporting for purposes of completing all agency required compliance reporting, including but not limited to reporting to the State Monitoring Authority, the Internal Revenue Service or lenders pursuant to debt covenants or other agencies, as requested by Owner.
4. Contact Portfolio Manager in a timely manner for support and resolution of compliance problems, or potential problems, as they arise.
5. Promptly respond to Owner requests for documentation and/or corrections required to complete Owner's certification and recertification approval process.
6. Attend compliance workshops and/or trainings.
7. Obtain updated utility allowance information annually, as requested by Owner.
8. Organize, store and archive tenant files in accordance with the tax compliance policies and procedures of Owner.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!